To potential 2020 Municipal and Non-Profit applicants to the Morris County Open Space Program:
Due to the continually evolving COVID-19 situation, we are moving the deadline for the 2020 Open Space grant application back a month. The new deadline for applications and appraisals is 4:30 PM on Friday, July 10, 2020.
All application materials should be emailed to [email protected], with a duplicate hard copy mailed to:
Morris County Office of Planning & Preservation
30 Schuyler Place
P.O. Box 900
Morristown, NJ 07963
Please note the time of receipt of the digital application and appraisal will be considered the official time of submission of your application. No hand deliveries will be accepted.
If you are experiencing delays in obtaining any of the required application materials by the July 10 date, please notify me via [email protected] or phone 973-829-8134 and leave a message. I will return your call as soon as possible.
At this point, the Open Space Trust Fund Committee meeting dates for application review, site visits and final presentations are subject to change. Please continue to check the program website for updates.
Thank you and feel free to contact me with any questions on your application.
Barbara J. Murray, PP/AICP
Open Space Program Coordinator
- One (1) signed paper copy and one (1) electronic copy of the completed application(s) must be submitted to the County by 4:30 p.m. Friday, July 10, 2020.
- Municipal applicants must also submit an electronic copy of the Schedule C worksheet by 4:30 p.m. Friday, July 10, 2020.
- Two copies and an electronic version of an appraisal, conducted in accordance with Section 188.8.131.52 of the Morris County Preservation Trust Fund Rules and Regulations, must be submitted as part of the application by 4:30 p.m. Friday, July 10, 2020.
- The Project Finance Sheet (page 4B of the application) must also be submitted as part of the application by 4:30 p.m. Friday, July 10, 2020.
Program rules were recently amended to include costs for demolition and restoration of a property (up to a maximum of 10% of the eligible land cost, or $50,000 whichever is less) as allowable costs under the program.
“What Makes a Good Application?”
- “What Makes a Good Application?” – PowerPoint Presentation
- “What Makes a Good Application?” – Presentation Notes
- 8 Critical Questions for Open Space Applications
Questions about the form and application requirements can be directed to Barbara Murray at (973) 829-8120 or by e-mail: Barbara Murray, Program Coordinator.