2017 Open Space Recommendations
The Open Space Trust Fund Committee presented their recommendations to the Board of Chosen Freeholders on November 8, 2017. The Board of Chosen Freeholders will act on their recommendations at their meeting on November 20, 2017.
- Summary of 2017 Recommendations
- Map of 2017 Recommendations
- Information about each Recommended Project
- Jonathan’s Woods Extension (Protect our Wetlands, Waters and Woods)
- Whippany River Blueway (Hanover Township)
- Rockaway River WMA Addition (The Trust for Public Land)
- Midwood Flood Storage Area Addition (Lincoln Park Borough)
- Foote’s Pond/Loyola Acquisition Project (Town of Morristown)
- Cataract Park Expansion 2017 (Washington Township)
About Open Space Preservation
Under the municipal/qualified charitable conservancy category of Morris County’s Preservation Trust Fund, a 15-member committee annually reviews and makes recommendations to the Board of Chosen Freeholders on applications submitted by any of the 39 municipalities in the county as well as eligible land conservancies.