The Board of Chosen Freeholders created the Morris County Complete Count Committee and appointed its volunteer members in the Fall of 2019. Members of the Committee represent the Morris County Planning Board and nonprofit organizations that serve the Morris County community.
The Committee is tasked with encouraging participation in the 2020 U.S. Census. Particular attention is directed towards what the Census Bureau has defined as hard-to-count populations. Staff members from the Department of Human Services and Office of Planning and Preservation support the Committee’s efforts.
The Committee will work on promoting the Census through most of 2020.
- Isobel Olcott, Morris County Planning Board – Chair
- Michelle Blanchfield, Zufall Health Center – Member
- Dorian Restrepo, Morris County Office for Hispanic Affairs – Member
- Zule Tamariz, Homeless Solutions – Member
- Rose Brown, Mental Health Association of Essex and Morris Counties – Member
- Michelle Roers, United Way of Northern New Jersey – Member
- Kathryn DeFillippo, Freeholder – Member
- Tayfun Selen, Freeholder – Alternate
- Nita Galate, Morris County Planning Board – Alternate
- Tuesday, October 15, 2019, 2:00 pm, Morris County Office of Temporary Assistance
- Monday, December 16, 2019, 2:00 pm, Morris County Library
- Tuesday, January 21, 2020, 2:00 pm, Morris County Library
- Tuesday, February 18, 2020, 2:00 pm, Morris County Office of Temporary Assistance
Tuesday, March 16, 2020, 2:00 pm, Morris County Librarycanceled Monday, April 20, 2020, 2:00 pm, Morris County Librarycanceled
- Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 2:00 pm – via Webex
- Join the meeting online (event number 129 538 8536, password Census2020)
- Call +1-408-418-9388, access code 129 538 8536
- Monday, August 17, 2020, 2:00 pm, Morris County Library
- Tuesday, October 20, 2020, 2:00 pm, Morris County Office of Temporary Assistance
- Monday, December 14, 2020, 2:00 pm, Morris County Library