2020 Open Space Recommendations
The Open Space Trust Fund Committee presented their recommendations to the Board of Chosen Freeholders on November 9, 2020. The Board of Chosen Freeholders will act on their recommendations at their meeting on November 23, 2020.
New Census Data Demonstrates Morris County’s Strength in Income, Housing Value and Educational Attainment
The Census Bureau has released its 2019 American Community Survey (ACS) 1-Year Estimates for geographic areas with a population of 65,000 or more.* The 2019 ACS includes estimates for various topics including income, educational attainment, housing and transportation. Highlights include:
- At $116,283, Morris County had the highest median household income among all 21 counties in New Jersey.
- At $481,000, Morris County had the highest median housing value among all counties in the state.
- At 56.5%, Morris County had the highest percentage of the population age 25 and over with a bachelor’s degree or higher, among all counties in the state.
Updates pertaining to these topics, and others, have been posted to the Data and Statistics page of this website.
*There are no municipalities in Morris County with a population of 65,000 or more, so for Morris County, this data applies at the county level only.
The Greatest Generation – Morris County in WWII
September 2 is the 75th anniversary of VJ Day, the official end to World War II. The Office of Planning and Preservation has released a cultural resources survey, a compilation of the names of our 3,075 WWII veterans. Search the list for your loved ones who served in the Greatest Generation.
Planning & Preservation and COVID-19
The following measures have been implemented in accordance with the temporary policy adopted by the Freeholder Board in response to COVID-19:
- All Planning & Preservation staff have been sent home indefinitely. All program staff have access to email and voicemail.
- Public access to the office is restricted.
- The Land Development Review Section will continue to process applications and issue reports within the 30-day statutory period and may request an additional 30-day extension if necessary.
- Applications shall be delivered through mail, FedEx, UPS or other delivery service. No in-person delivery will be accepted.
Please call 973-829-8120 and leave a message if you have any questions related to Planning & Preservation. We will return your call as soon as possible.
2020 Historic Preservation Grant Recommendations
On July 22, 2020, the Morris County Historic Preservation Trust Fund Review Board has recommended $4.4 million in county grants to help preserve, restore, or protect 28 historic sites in 18 towns across Morris County.
The County Board of Chosen Freeholders will make a final decision on the recommendations at the board’s Aug. 12 public meeting. Please see the press release.